Wednesday, October 5, 2011

i told you so

Next Wednesday, a week from today, seven days away, 168 hours until my sister, Lael and I will be at a concert.

Which concert?

Foster the flippin' People!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, "flippin'" isn't really in their name, but I think it adds flair.  Plus, it shows how flippin' excited I am about seeing them again.  That and the bajillion exclamation points.  Let me add one more, !!!!!!.  Okay, that was more than one, but I'm so excited, I just can't hide it.

The venue is all the way down in Portland, so it's going to be a fun little getaway.  The kids will be hanging out with their two cousins who live down there, so they're flippin' excited for that. {thank-you, christy for watching them!}

Lael bought my ticket for my birthday and I bought her ticket for her birthday.  I guess that means we technically bought ourselves our own birthday presents, but whatever.  We purchased them back in early August, a few days after we made that purchase, it sold out, as are the rest of their stateside concerts.

Foster the People really have become the "it" band of the summer and this Saturday they are the musical guests on Saturday Night Live!  So make sure you have your VCR set to record that show.

When I first became addicted to these guys, this little video had 2 million hits. It now is up to 26 million.




Another flippin' awesome song of theirs:



And two acoustic versions of some songs:





It's taken me almost an hour to write this post because I got caught up in listening/watching their music.

I told you they were flippin' awesome. Can't wait to see what they come up with next.

4 comments:

Hoovy4 said...

What about my favorite song: Helena Beat?
Have a fun time at the concert!

Hoovy4 said...

Also, how do you get videos in your blog? I can NEVER get them to upload...

SSToone said...

Does this mean your next child's name will be Foster?!:) Have fun!

Plain City Dickamores said...

hope you gals have a great time!!! thanks for buying me my ticket for my Birthday. NOT,,,