Wednesday, June 15, 2011

not for the faint of heart

My favorite thing in the whole, wide world is dead.



I don't want to talk about it.

And while I was enjoying my favorite band in the whole, wide world, some guy next to me, who was under the influence of more than one substance, spilled his soda pop mixture all over my camera.  It has started acting worse than a two-year-old throwing a temper tantrum.  It's only a matter of time before it follows the mixer's example and leaves this earthly life.



I reeeeeeeally don't want to talk about that one.

So if any of you have an extra, oh, $1,500 laying around, you know where to find me.

My entire happiness and reasons for living depend on it.

And, no, I'm not overreacting.

6 comments:

Hoovy4 said...

Have you thought about taking the Kitchenaid in to be fixed? I took mine to a place in Seattle - it was much more reasonable than replacing it. The camera I can't help you with.

Anjuli Fry said...

Oh Rachel that is horrible. Losing my camera would bring tears by the bucket. I lost it when my flash stopped working. Wish I had some extra cash to send you!!!

Unknown said...

OH MY GOSH!!! I would FREAK!!!!! Again-that insurance is sooooooo not overrated! It is cheap enough to just tack on once a year-you can literally throw the camera out of your car in a fit of rage, go back & get it, then they fix it for FREE!!!! No joke! That is the example I was given by the guy at Ritz Cameras when I purchased my camera and insurance years ago!! My entire family now insure their babies too :)

The Dillon 6 said...

luckily, you now have the opportunity to right a wrong, and come to the LIGHT -- Nikon 4evah!

The Dillon 6 said...

also -- at the risk of being heartless, I am very sorry that both those things are leaving this life. I love mine, too, and can't imagine a day without them. :(

and if you want to give Nikon a whirl, I have a D50 hanging around (with a standard, kit lense) that you're welcome to try.

Tanya (a Taste of T) said...

Ohhhh... so sad