Monday, June 27, 2011

had a ball

....okay it was actually two.

We were at a pig roast on Friday evening.  The dude in charge of it all also provided a few other, er, meats to try out.  Commonly referred to as Rocky Mountain Oyster's.


If I told you they taste like chicken, I'd be lying.


They have more of a pork chop tasting quality to them.  And I think they might be akin to tofu, they're going to taste like whatever you season them to taste like.  See?  Now you can eat them, too.


This is the, uh, other part of the bovine beast.


I won't be trying that again.  Ever.


5 comments:

Ashley Calaway said...

You, my friend, are a brave soul. I don't think I will ever eat a Rocky Mountain Oyster. Unless I am paid big bucks. Then I'll do it. :)

Jolie said...

yeah you crazy 3rd warders, I heard about your "testicle festival"!! Come and have a ball....or two!!! Hahahaha
That has Dave Reynolds written aaaalll over it. ;-)
I don't understand how something so vile could be considered a delicacy, but whatever.
I would like to deem BACON a delicacy. No THAT'S some good tasting meat!!

The Royals said...

Just nasty!

Puhlman said...

YEAH you da woman. Sounds like my family. My dad made those up for all of us to try. We have also done cow brains scrambled with eggs. Not too bad actually.....and cow tongue. WOW....you just brought back some memories.

Rachel said...

Ha I just made a chalk mural too! So fun! I'm Rachel also, so clearly I love your blog already! :)