Tuesday, April 5, 2011

running on empty

I got five hours of sleep last night! 

Not consecutively, but the sum of their parts equaled five and every minute counts when you have a newborn.  My usual nightly slumber has been around 3 1/2-4 hours, so to have those extra sixty minutes almost seems like a whole extra day.

I can't put all the blame on the baby; the older kids decided that 6:30 is the perfect time to start their day.  It's really making me look forward to the day when whatever switch is triggered in their brain and they realize how much fun sleeping can actually be.  Aaron tells me it's good practice for when they have early morning Seminary.  I will now be adding release-time Seminary to my list of things to pray for.

Want to know something else?  I didn't have a problem waking up at 4:30 in the morning to go running when I was training for the marathon.  But waking up for my kids is hard!

That marathon was this past weekend.  I really wanted to be running it.  Next year I'll do it again and my goal is to be at least 30 minutes faster.  Which means I'll need to average an 8 minute mile for the 26.2 miles. 

But why people wake up before 7 is something I'll never understand.  You guys are crazy.

last years marathon

1 comments:

Plain City Dickamores said...

I love the early morning workouts. 4.45 and my body is up for the day:) love ya, get some sleep when mom is there:)