Monday, July 12, 2010

google it

I was a wee bit curious as to the exact amount of miles we would be putting on our 21-year-old, but still very spry, Vanagon. And so I Googled it.

And I almost wished I hadn't because the total is a thousand. Multiplied by three.

Okay. It's really only 2,854 miles. But those are just the open road, barrelin' down the freeway miles. So I bumped it up to an even 3K.

One--because it's a nice, round even number and I suck at math. Just ask every single one of my math teachers. They will testify to you of that truthfulness.

and

Two--because the 3,000 is adding in the side trips to all of those fun places we will be dragging our children to, including the food places we are planning our trip around. Which is why I haven't eaten anything for the past month. That way I won't feel bad for consuming 65,000 calories the two weeks we're gone.

I know you understand.


The next two days will be filled with preparation for those 14 days of living out of suitcases. Spiritually and physically. And just so you know, I am purposely not praying for patience while on this trip. That way, I know what little patience I have while journeying through the wilderness with four children confined in car seats and iffy air conditioning, won't be tested.

That's my theory anyways.

Maybe I should Google that, too.

1 comments:

Pamela Brown said...

I wouldn't pray for patience either, because you know it will be tested. Have fun on your trip!!