Thursday, April 29, 2010

time out

Where to begin....

Aaron took the kids and left for the weekend. His daddy turns the big 6-0 on Friday.

And I am going to Time Out for Women this Friday and Saturday with my mom, sister April and sis-in-law Daphne, in Spokane. They will be here sometime after high noon to pick me up on the way to the big city.

But until then I am alone.

All alone.

I'm going to sleep in. I'm going to take a shower without being interrupted by either a child or my husband. I'm going to go for a run in the morning. I'm not going to have to change a diaper for almost two whole days. That one is worth repeating, I'm not going to have to change a diaper for almost two whole days!! And I am only responsible for me, myself and I.

This is the first time this has happened, for this amount of time, since Corgan was born seven years ago.

I'm pretty excited.

But I cried when they left. I totally did. Aaron thought I was crazy. I told him to have my babies home safe on Saturday. Or else.

So what did I do with all my "free time"?

I sorted through all the kids' clothes. Put the small stuff in boxes and put some in a pile for an upcoming yard sale.

Yay me!!



*sigh*

I want them to come home.

3 comments:

The Dillon 6 said...

you'll miss them, but you'll be a better mom & wife when you get home.

ENJOY!!!

Puhlman said...

AHHH just enjoy the time. It will make you a better mommy. So that last sentence means putting the small stuff back in boxes for the next baby right?

You are so awesome Rachel. You make me laugh and I sooooo need that.

Have fun at TOFW. I want to go.

ericksonzone said...

Have fun at Time Out. And don't you worry about those kids. You're a great mom and some time with Dad will do them good. They'll all come home more grateful for you! ;)