Wednesday, March 24, 2010

it's almost here



I have big plans for this coming Saturday.

26.2 of them to be exact.

I'm pretty sure the Devil made me do it. 'Cause no one in their right mind would ever agree to running that far without being possessed or completely out of their mind.

And actually seeing the mileage of time typed out is making me think of how ridiculous it is to run that far. I mean, really, we're all basically paying to have diarrhea for hours after the race. Who does that?

Besides the running goo that keeps me going, and going, and going all those miles, the tunes blasting in my ears really seem to help block out the pain that will be shooting through my body.

My plea to all of you is, to help me come up with about four and a half hours of music to keep me putting one foot in front of the other. What songs get your blood pumping? What do you listen to when you've gone clinically insane? That's the kind of music I need, people.

7 comments:

Plain City Dickamores said...

Muse, bon jovi, PINK,nickleback,enemine, just a few of my favorite things:)

Beth Tunnell said...

The Darkness is great for crazy moods that need some energy. My personal fave is I Believe in a Thing Called Love. And for some old school Ska and good times add a little Madness. They're awesome for putting a little hop in your step.

Beth Tunnell said...

And good luck!

Hoovy4 said...

I just added Jump by Van Halen to my playlist.
Move Along - All American Rejects
I Bet You Look Good on the Dancefloor - Arctic Monkeys
I'm not Over - Carolina Liar
Le Disko & You Are the One - Shiny Toy Guns
Shut Up & Let Me Go - Tings Tings
Just Dance - Lady Gaga
Come Into My World - Kylie Minogue

...just to name a few!
If you need to buy them, go to gomusicnow.com. The songs are usually 9 cents each!

You'll rock! Good luck!!

Vern said...

Running a marathon gives you DIARRHEA??? I wouldn't know from experience. Good luck with that. As for the tunes, here's a few that get me going when I'm running one eighth of what you're about to do.

I Gotta Feelin' - Black Eyed Peas
Independence Day - Martina McBride
Human - The Killers
Black or White - Michael Jackson
Do You Remember - Jay Sean
Just Can't Get Enough - Depeche Mode
Take A Chance on Me - Abba

Do you want me to keep going? 'Cuz I got a few more.

My Life Would Suck Without You - Kelly Clarkson
I'm Alive - Celine Dion
Under Pressure - Queen & David Bowie

Okay, I'll stop now.

Melissa said...

Good luck! I am excited for you! It is crazy, but it's the best feeling after wards! You'll do great!

Sorry, I don't have any song suggestions. I like it quiet when I run and when we did the marathon, I did it with Mike so we talked to each other...although I did start singing Eye of the Tiger at about Mile 15

Hayter Family said...

you are possessed. possessed with awesomeness. good luck. i think i have a picture of you in your last marathon...i might have to pull that up.