Thursday, February 11, 2010

I was having reoccurring flashbacks to this while on my run yesterday:



People everywhere love the bird silhouette. They seem so cute and harmless sitting up there on the wires.



I hate 'em.

I know what those "cute" little birds are capable of doing to a lone runner minding her own business.

I know we're supposed to have a lesson to learn from every living creature and I'm positive I have figured out the birds.

They protect their young like no other. They don't care who the heck you are, if you and your presence cross their comfort zone, they execute a full-scale attack on your sorry self. And they don't give up until you are sufficiently scared and running away like a little girl.

Lesson learned. On to the next one, Big Guy.

Yesterday I was also chased for a bit by something that looked like this:



Only it was barking at me. And I'm pretty sure it was foaming at the mouth. And had red eyes. And it's claws were making a clicking noise on the pavement. And it made me pee my running shorts.

I need to start packing some heat when I go running.

Maybe a little derringer will do.

7 comments:

Beth Tunnell said...

Your posts never fail to make me smile. Thanks! Sorry about your running obstacles. Maybe the Lord is just trying to train you harder, and has a little bit of a cracked sense of humor.

Puhlman said...

SCARY. I remember one time that I saw a Great Dane and it started chasing me. I wasn't so lucky and it bit me right on the stinkin butt. Had to ride my bike home on one cheek.....and not the cheek on my face. I was so mad that day and I am still a bit afraid of dogs.

ericksonzone said...

I definitely like the gun idea. Get a license; pack it!

Plain City Dickamores said...

maybe you should run with some mace:)

Pamela Brown said...

I think I would start running on the treadmill, indoors, where it is safe :0

WASHINGTON PUCKETTS: said...

This is why I don't run...and the fact that I don't like to. :0) very impressive that you are still going. I would have given up long ago.

Jolie said...

I remember you telling us about the psycho birds!! And now Gozer, the mad dog? yikes.