Thursday, July 9, 2009

kilt-o-sac of FIRE!!

And now for the showing of the annual 4th of July at the Smith house:


It starts in the morning with the drawing of the circles.....to keep it "safe".


The center circle is different each year.
Much thought goes into its design.



Then, we head up to the Rez to buy our fireworks from hardworking Indians.


Come back for some slip-n-slide, and BBQ,

And whatever the heck this is,

Then the lighting beigns.
First to be lit are the smoke bombs, set around the inner circle.

Followed closely by the Tank War of all tank wars.


Wait! What happened to her shoes?!

Young padawan learning the ways of the Pyro.

Here is what one lonesome snake looks like.....

And of course, we like to go big around here,

so here's what over one hundred look like lit. It's not called the Kilt-o-Sac of FIRE, for nothing, folks.

He needed some mommy-time.

Oh, my heck! I thought I told her to put on her shoes!

The 4th weekend wouldn't have been complete without some homemade ice cream and blackberry pie. It's my faaaaaavorite.

Looks like he's turning into a pyro, too.

Waiting for the show to start at the lake. Doesn't Lily look happy?

I've got to figure out the fireworks setting on the camera. Next year it won't be blurry, I promise.

2 comments:

Beth Tunnell said...

My studly man isn't so much into the fireworks. But I think i'm going to have to try the hundred snakes for myself.

Pamela Brown said...

Looks like you guys go all out for the 4th, but it looks like so much fun!!