Friday, August 22, 2008

she obviously doesn't have kids

I was at Target today. While checking out with my one purchase ((a pregnant pilates dvd)) the cashier all of a sudden gasped and her eyes got all huge and googly. I whip around expecting to see one of my three kids about to fall to their death from the cart. My heart actually skipped a beat. But then my eyes meet where my children are all sitting, still buckled up, looking up at me with innocent eyes. I turn back to the cashier for further explanation of her need to cause such fear in a mother.

"They were biting on their sandals", was what she said to me.

I almost laughed out loud.
"Oh, well that's a relief! I was expecting worse." I replied.

She then looked at me with those same googly eyes and was probably thinking that I was the worst mother in the world.

I smiled and told her to have a nice day. And then pushed my dirty-mouthed kids out the door.

5 comments:

The Dillon 6 said...

OBVIOUSLY no kids. and young.

Plain City Dickamores said...

all i can do is laugh!!!! your kids do have dirty feet.

Jolie said...

hahahahahahahahaha. If only shoes were the dirtiest/germiest things to ever be taste-tested by my dear children!!!!!
She should have been at our house the other day when Jaclyn decided to dip her hands in the toilet and then LICK THEM DRY!!!!!!!
God gave us immune systems for a reason, lady.

I'm sure that some day when she has kids of her own, she'll let her standards slide as we have.
;-D

Melissa said...

I love it!. Carson went through a stage last year where he'd always pull off his shoes and socks in the car and then chew or suck on them...what are you going to do?

Rachael said...

My kid drank water off of a park bench today. Two weeks ago he gave himself a footbath in my parent's toilet.

Building immunities, I tell myself.

Cute blog. Congrats, too!