Saturday, August 23, 2008

we had a balloon launch this evening


I know I'm not alone when I say that I read some blogs of people I don't know on an almost daily basis.
I've loved reading about Nie and her family. Last Saturday, her and her husband were in a private plane crash that left them as burn victims in critical condition. They have four beautiful kids ranging from 6 on down to 1 years old. They also have wonderful families who are doing everything they can to help those 4 kids and their dear sister/daughter and her husband. Her sister, cjane, is writing the updates of their condition on her blog. Prayers are welcomed!
So my family had a balloon launch this evening. It's a tradition that Nie and her cute family have to help celebrate special occasions. Her sisters had the idea to help everyone celebrate Nie and her husband and kids. I think it worked.

3 comments:

Stan and Jamie said...

Rachel, that's funny you should mention that blog! Nie's sister-in-law was in my ward, and I just recently started following their story from her blog. It really is a sad deal, but hopefully with lots of prayers, they can have a quick recovery! Did you read Nie's blog before the accident, or how did you come across it?

ray-ray says said...

I blogged into it about 5 or 6 months ago. It really is so sad that all of this had to happen to them and their families. They are such a cute family.

The Dillon 6 said...

very sweet! It's a nice way to reach out to someone you may not otherwise be able to help and support through a time of need.