Monday, August 4, 2008

places to go, things to see

Last week we spent more time on the west side with family. The days were full and the kids went to bed exhausted. But as always, it's good to be home again.

Flaming Geyser. That's the "flame" in the bottom-middle of the picture.


Seattle


Dash Point

Ohanapecosh---it's an AWESOME campground SE of Mt. Rainier.

Good thing dad was there to carry the kids on the hike!

thankful things:

1- lily asked me this morning if i was having a boy baby or a girl baby. i told her we didn't know yet. she said that she wanted to have a girl baby. i asked her why and she said, "because i want to dance with her."
are you listening, Heavenly Father? ;)

2- i'm 3/4 of the way through 'breaking dawn'. for those of not on the bandwagon, it's the 4th book in the twilight series. loooove it!

3- when we were leaving the campsite on saturday, my bro-in-law couldn't get my parents van to start. my brother craig said that he'd drive his van over and give him a jump. then his van wouldn't start. my cousin had to use their car to jump them both. i thought the whole thing was funny because for once it wasn't our van that was broke!

5 comments:

Jolie said...

oh. wow. what beautiful scenery you guys enjoyed!! LOVED the nature pics. and tell Aaron he makes a good pack horse. ;-D aren't dads wonderful for things like that?!

Mojo said...

aaron must have sore shoulders. lucky kids

Anjuli Fry said...

Man I miss Seattle I have alot of memories on those streets. Miss you guys too!!

Chelsi said...

I love that you're always doing something fun with your family. It's so great to get out and enjoy the outdoors together.

The Dillon 6 said...

That tree that Aaron is standing in is my favorite...I seem to take a picture of it every year...something about it's shape and the way the light plays with it... So glad you came to Ohanapecosh ~ it's heaven on earth - even with the rain.