Tuesday, April 29, 2008

obsess much?

We like high chairs. Not just any high chair; the kind from back in the day. It probably started because of the teeny tiny apartment we lived in when Corgan reached the age of high chair life. ((it's the 2BR, one story)) We needed one that wouldn't take up a lot of room. His was the blue one, purchased from Goodwill for $3.99. The other chair bought from Goodwill is the girly one. I think that one was fetched for $5.99. It resides at my parents for the time being. The rest were rescued by way of yard sales. The most expensive was the brown one. A whopping $10! I suppose we can give our kids the high chair they used when they have their own kids. We should probably stop buying them. We might end up with more kids then what we've planned for.


corgan's

lily's
blake's
thankful things

1- This past weekend was our Stake Conference. We made a date of going to Selah for the priesthood and adult meetings on Saturday. We went with the Hajny's, dropped off our husbands for their meeting and went to Walmart. Went back and picked up the men and we went to the Outback for dinner. Looooove the Outback!! I think the last time Aaron and I were at a nice restaurant without kids was for our 5th wedding anniversary--two years ago! Then, back to the stake center for the adult meeting. It was nice to be able to go to a church meeting without any kids!! And a huge thanks to our babysitter, Ashley!! We were gone about 6 hours total. She's fantastic!
2- Weekend weather. It was gorgeous this past weekend. I'm tired of the teasing and wish the weather would finally decide to be spring-like. But I'll take it and enjoy it when it does happen.
3- Scripture study & prayer. It's been a little stressful with deciding where to apply for jobs. I'm glad we have those two things to bring us peace when we need it most.

5 comments:

Lore Smart said...

Those are some pretty sweet Goodwill/yard sale finds. I love the originality of those neat high chairs....such character. I enjoy reading your thankful list.

Lore

Stan and Jamie said...

Those rock!! My favorite is the Green one! Blake is one lucky kid!!

Momoko Photography said...

Ooooo. so modern and so hip, yet so cheap. Way to go smiths

Jolie said...

I too love 'em. So retro. And I'm sure they're WAY easier to clean up after mealtime than these new fandangled ones with all the bells and whistles that you don't need.
For example, the one we have has this cover on it that has a ruffle border and tons of food slips inbetween it and the actual chair.

It's such a pain in the rear to clean!!! Yours looks so simple to wipe down and be done.

And hey, everybody collects their own thing. I guess the Smiths like high chairs! ;-P

Angie said...

Wow. You could start your own little antique high-chair shop. What a cool, original idea!

And, I hope you don't mind that I'm reading your blog. :)