Monday, October 1, 2007

i looked out the window and what did i see?


SNOW! WHAT!?! It's just barely October and I am seeing snow in them there mountains. Whatever happened to fall? (or global warming for that matter, al gore. inconvenient truth, my foot--which will soon be wearing a snow boot) Oh well---change is good. I suppose the upside is that I can now start dressing in layers to hide my chubby postpartum body. I will become, metaphorically, a caterpillar and build a cocoon around my body with winter layers. And then emerge in the spring as a beautiful butterfly, able to once again wear the clothes that are now taking up space in my drawers and closet.

************************************************

Lily went poop in the toilet and flushed it. As she was watching it circle its way down she exclaimed, "Mommy! It's eating it! The potty is eating my poop!"

2 comments:

Anjuli Fry said...

Snow all ready?!!! Here the leaves are changing colors but it is still in the high 70's low 80's. Really confusing!!

Stan and Jamie said...

yea, not so much snow in these parts! We're still reaching the 100's! (somedays anyways!!) That story about Lily is hilarious!!!