Friday, September 28, 2007

this & that

Being without an appendix isn't a bad thing. I read up on appendicitis and it is most likley to occur between the ages of 10 and 30. That's just one thing I don't have to worry about anymore. I am sort of glad it happened only because it made me so happy that I've never had a c-section; and my scar is only 2 inches long. The healing process is painful and itchy. So my hat's off to all you mom's who have been cut open from hip to hip. You deserve way more than 8 weeks maternity leave.
Onto the kids...Blake is already over 5 months now and is thisclose to sitting up by himself. It's really cute to see him try because he gets so excited that he is sitting there without any support, that he starts to kick his legs and that then causes him to fall backwards. His has been eating rice cereal for about 2 weeks now (usually at his last feeding before we go to bed, if I remember), so I thought I'd throw some peaches in to see if he'd like those:
Right now he's not a fan....We think he is just so darn cute. He does look a bit like Corgan did when he was a baby, but he also has his own unique look to him. It'll be fun to see what he looks like when he's a year old. Here's another picture of him for your viewing pleasure:


Lily has got herself a set of lungs that could rival any banshee/swamp witch/any other loud being. She usually showcases her lung capacity in short bursts of "NO", "NOT FUNNY", "STOP THAT", "MINE", or really whenever it suits her fancy. She's like her dad, in that when he was a young lad his Grandma Stone thought he had throat cancer because of the raspy, growl that he spoke with. Lily's emotionally filled outbursts sound similar to that. How a 22lb., not quite 2 1/2 year old can have so much power in her tiny set of lungs is beyond me. She is our pretty little Lily though and becoming so fun. She loves singing and dancing and playing pretend. Her new favorite song is "No more monkeys jumping on the bed", with hand and facial expressions to match.


Corgan is the 4 going on 14-year old. Wanting so badly to be able to do it all himself. You'd think he was going to high school and not preschool with how he acts like I'm not there when I drop him off; or how he gives me the same generic answer, "fine", when I ask him how school was. I guess I'll just be prepared for when I really do stop being cool in his eyes.

2 comments:

Stan and Jamie said...

isn't it so sad how it's like pulling teeth to get any info out of them about their day at preschool? I know that's just how Kyler is with me too!!!

The Dillon 6 said...

so cute!! I like the "Swamp Witch" label...I think I could give that to Baby D about now. ;)