Wednesday, December 11, 2013

thanksgiving is a special time

Thanksgiving morning involved moving a big ol' rock from the neighbors yard to the in-laws yard.
Why? 
Because it looks nice.


But the weight of the stone was similar to lifting a baby elephant.
The guys tried many different options on moving it.

This one failed.
The rock didn't even get off the ground.


While that action was going on, Blake here lost his first tooth.
He was super excited.


Back to the rock.
Rolling it/pulling it with straps was the winner, winner, turkey dinner to finally get it to its final resting place.


Then all the focus was put forth into getting the meal prepared.
My dad-in-law makes the best gravy known to man.
Just call him The Gravy Maker.


The kids were excited to eat.


Aaron can be fancy sometimes.


I want to eat this plate again.
It was delicious.


Dessert was down with my family in, you guessed it, a church gym.
That's my brother on the left.
He loves his beard.


Family Rule: last one to kneel says the prayer.


Family Rule: Word of the Night after the prayer.

Both are things my Dad started back when I was in junior high.
The tradition carries on.


1 comments:

Hoovy4 said...

And also a tradition is singing the work Tradition a la Tevye from Fiddler on the Roof. I may have to watch that now.