Friday, September 21, 2012

i was robbed and other things

After living here for the past 9 years, I officially became a part of the community and entered items into the County Fair.


It nice to finally feel like this is home.

I am happy to say that I now have proof to back-up my claim as being handy in the kitchen.

Caramels- 1st place
Cinnamon Rolls- 1st place
Carrot Cupcakes- 2nd place

But.

But the one item I submitted before the panel of judges, that I believed belonged amongst the blue ribbons without question didn't even place. I had to wait until after the Fair to read the comments from the judges.

"Cake could not be judged due to under baking."

It was then that I realized that I had cast pearls before swine. Or those who won paid off the judges 'cause this is the cake that they said was under baked:


Or maybe it's because my big head wouldn't have been able to fit in the kitchen if I had won another blue ribbon.

And just to keep you all updated on our smokin' situation, here's some pictures from this morning.




And just incase she thinks I forgot,

HAPPY 60th BIRTHDAY TO MY MOTHER!!!!


Thanks for being there for me.

love, your fuzzbucket.


2 comments:

Hoovy4 said...

Well, at least you know that next year you can earn at least one blue ribbon. That is a mighty fine cake!

Jolie said...

I've had your cinammon rolls before and it doesn't surprise me that yours took 1st! They are amazing.
This smoke is going to basically deprive us of an autumn this year. The kids are so stir crazy! We need to plan a play date for the kids so they can get some wiggles out...indoors. ;-(