Thursday, May 3, 2012

free at last, free at last! his arm almighty is free at last!

Six short weeks later, and he was ready for his arm to be free and fully functioning again. I told him to smile and this is what I got:


I have never had the pleasure of breaking any bones in my body. I sprained my right wrist back in my freshman year of high school. It was the second day of basketball tryouts and we were running backwards and I fell. Couldn't dribble a basketball after that, kind of a problem if you're trying out for the basketball team. But the coach said I could be on one of the freshman teams. I went to the practices and tried to do all the drills with my left hand. I even was in the team picture. But after two weeks and my wrist not healing quickly, I hung my head in shame and told my coach I was bowing out. It's the only time I can remember ever quitting something. I guess you could also count the one time when I was first trying to learn how to drive a stick. My mom and sister Lael were with me, and there was traffic. Lots of traffic. We came to a red light, and for the life of me, I couldn't go from being completely stopped to first gear. After what seemed like an eternity, in a beautiful fit of teenage rage I pulled up on the emergency break and said I was never going to learn how to drive a stupid stick and got out of the car. I'm sure some of you can relate.

Back to Corgan getting his cast taken off.


The blade on the saw only vibrates back and forth, it doesn't go around and around. That's how the nice lady explained it to Corgan.


He was a good little boy and sat very still.


The two littler boys sat there probably thinking in their minds that they were going to be next in line for this chainsaw massacre.


Ta-da! I bet that had to feel good.


That red owie near his elbow is where he had taken a plastic chopstick to help alleviate some of the itchiness that went on under the cast.


Now he's trying to get used to being able to use his left arm again. It won't be too long though and he'll be back in fighting shape once again. Just in time for summer.

3 comments:

ericksonzone said...

I'm sure that does feel nice. Hooray!

Plain City Dickamores said...

I Love the look on all your boys faces:) wheres the shoes?

Maytribe said...

Cade does look a bit worried! and yes, where are Oneils shoes? Does he even own a pair? Love you Corgan...your arm looks a bit pruney.