Wednesday, May 30, 2012

boyce is better

This is the only version I can listen to.



There's just something about the original that makes me want to shove pencils in my ears.

Back to Boyce.

Little known fact about my husband...he loves music. One of the things he wishes he could do is play the guitar. He can pick out a few silly chords, but he's always wanted to be able to do more.

Years ago when he was searching around for acoustic music, he came across Boyce Avenue. They're a band of three brothers from Florida who started out doing covers of other songs, became more popular on the youtube, released their own album, toured the world and still do amazing covers of songs on the youtube.

The lead singer holds a striking resemblance to a friend of mine from high school. So much so, that I facebooked (that's a word now, right?) him and told him that I had found his long-lost brother.

But for real, the covers they do are pretty amazing.

Like this one.

And this one.

And this one. Favorite version, ever.

And this one.

Even in their early days of recording, you can tell how talented they are.

Now you know where to go and listen to good music if you ever have a a few hours to kill.

2 comments:

kmay and mike said...

Really great acoustic music!

Jolie said...

ROFL over here because that's exactly what I wanted to do when Josh played Gotye's version of that song a few months ago! I remember asking him to shut that crappy song off mid way through. He said, just wait until the girl comes in and sings w/ him...no. no no no! Most annoying song of this year. And I'm sorry, the Gotye guy looks like a rat.

Was that too harsh?!