Friday, February 24, 2012

lesson to be learned

I'm afraid I'm about to learn a really big lesson in purposely letting a child make all the wrong choices and subsequently watching them fail miserably, in order for that child to grow.

Being a parent sucks sometimes.

It is breaking my heart. I have told Aaron, multiple times, that I can't just sit back and watch without helping, guiding the child in right direction, ensuring a successful outcome. Because honestly,  I don't think I have the heart to let it all happen.

But I know it's going to have to come to pass and I will just have to be there to console and wipe away the tears from both our faces.

The Pinewood Derby is scheduled for April.

And I'll be damned if Corgan doesn't take first place.

2 comments:

Hoovy4 said...

Funny. That crap don't fly in our troop!

Emily and Nathan said...

Corgan might just win with speed. But Ethan will win first place in style!