Wednesday, January 11, 2012

so this was christmas

I know Christmas was like, last year already, but I am now going to make you sit there and look at our pictures.

And just so you know, one of my New Year's Resolutions is to not procrastinate.

I'll start working on that tomorrow.


That wasn't that bad. But I did leave out about a hundred other photos.

Spoiler alert:

That's not the real Santa in that picture. It's Aaron.

There's a family where his parent's live, who every year, have someone dress-up like the jolly, old man and deliver the gifts, while they hide off in a corner somewhere, watching.

This year they benevolently chose Aaron to fill the black boots.

We, of course took full advantage of him being dressed up like Old St. Nick around 11p.m. on Christmas Eve; which included him running down the sidewalk of a busy street at a full sprint, for about a quarter mile. I don't think I could have laughed any harder. We are now wanting to invest in our own Santa suit to continue with some sort of tradition.

4 comments:

Jolie said...

oh that's hilarious--Aaron bolting down the street dressed as Santa?! I can just imagine people's reactions as they drove by. Probably gave them something really fun to share w/ their families when they got home!!
I've been thinking about posting something about christmas too. Hmmm, maybe I should do that before it's, like, Valentine's Day. ;-)

Ashley Calaway said...

That is so awesome! Was it the Packard family? My sister is good friends with Brother Packard's nephew and wife and they asked my brother in law to be Santa for their kids one year. Apparently it's like a family tradition for the kids to believe until their 18 or something... pretty awesome!

bella said...

Very interesting subject, regards for posting... :-)

ericksonzone said...

That is awesome! It'd be worth it.