Wednesday, June 22, 2011

all quiet on the western front

I know I'm totally jinxing all who live in the valley with me, but today is day two of no "W".

I capitalized that "W" because what it stands for deserves all the respect in the world.  You know, "air in motion, blowing with whatever degree of gentleness or violence."  And that air has been blowing with great violence for over a week.  Where we live it's expected just as the rain on the west side of the state, earthquakes in California, Mormon's in Utah, it just comes with the territory.

I am looking out my window and am all giddy inside because I don't see the tree branches being bent to the point of breaking.  There are no babies rolling down the middle of the street like tumbleweeds, I may even be able to go running without fear of my feet being tripped up by sudden gusts of that violent air.  

It's always an eerie feeling that follows after it has been blowing for so long.  I keep looking outside expecting something to be happening like the Second Coming or something cool like that.  But for now I'll be holding my breath in hopes that the wind doesn't start back up again.  Crap!  I just used the-word-that-must-not-be-used!!  We're all doomed!  Doomed!!  Doomed!!!

0 comments: