Monday, April 11, 2011

blessed day

Yesterday was blessing day.

Family gathered together to give our baby his official name and blessing.  These were the cast of characters involved with that ordinance.

l to r:
best-est friend in the whole wide world-derek, aaron's brother-nate, aaron's dad-dale, aaron holding oneil, my sisters' husband-dave, my brother-craig, aaron's sisters' husband-scott, and cade out for a sunday stroll.

 Here's all the kids who were present.  A million tries later, and this is the best shot.  Perfect, if you ask me.

Five babies in 7 1/2 years.  We may or may not be a little on the crazy side.

And my Dad was standing in the circle....Aaron wore a pair of his shoes.

It was a blessed day.

6 comments:

Hoovy4 said...

It WAS a blessed day! Love you and your family.
I didn't know Aaron was wearing Dad's shoes. Tell him he needs to be a little more duck foot to pass it off!

Melissa said...

What a beautiful family you guys have. I love these pictures (Cade on his "Sunday Stroll" in the first one made me laugh).

And to comment on the previous post, I can't believe those people actually said that. You handled it really well, though, I probably would have just stood there speechless.

Matt May said...

Those are some big shoes to feel....He is doing a great job!

Plain City Dickamores said...

i was good until i saw dads shoes. so wish we could have been there. Love you, Dyan

ericksonzone said...

What a wonderful day! You look great with five!

Smith Family said...

I was wondering if you were missing your Dad that day. What a great idea to wear his shoes! How did they get so lucky to be the same shoe size?