Tuesday, October 12, 2010

and in the beginning...

We're celebrating Aaron here this week since the day of his birth is on Thursday.

And this is a picture of one of the all-time, most important days of my life, the day I fell in love with him.



Saturday, June 24th, 2000, to be exact.

We were at a huge Young Single Adult activity in Ocean Shores. Our group won the sand castle building contest. My sister, the one holding the plaque, new friend Beth, the one standing behind me, and myself thought we would go and get to know these boys from Kent, kind of as a joke. Little did I know, I would come home from that beach truly, madly, deeply in love with one of those Kent Boys.

He's the super hot one. Front row, far right. Unknowingly flipping the bird at the camera.

He must have felt the same way because he saved the receipt from the stop we made at Burger King on the way home.



And the ticket from the baseball game we went to the next week.



And the ticket from the movie we went to after Institute the day after the baseball game.



By the next Saturday, we were officially together. Going out. Dating. Head over heels for each other.

See that Bronco in the background of the first picture?

Same Bronco where we had our first kiss(es).

Thanks, Luker. He's the blonde guy, far left on the second row. It was his rig.

We owe you one.

2 comments:

Plain City Dickamores said...

young Love!!!!!!! I love it now 4 kids soon to be 5, must be True Love!!!

ericksonzone said...

What a great trip down memory lane. Happy Birthday tomorrow Aaron!