Tuesday, September 21, 2010

happy birthday

It's my Mom's birthday today. I think it's her 29th. And for her birthday I am showing you all this lovely picture of her back in 1988, when she was probably turning 29 for the first time.



Don't we look awesome? We had just moved to Layton from Rock Springs. Her real age is 36, Lael's 9, I'm 7, and Krissy is a baby. She's always a baby.

Thanks Mom for passing on the curly hair to me. It's still a love/hate relationship.

Thanks for making me grow my bangs out. I would look ridiculous.

Thanks for passing on your love of reading to me.

Thanks for not throwing me out the window when all I did was cry my first 6 months of living.

Thanks for teaching me that families are what's most important.

Thanks for passing on the love all things chocolate. The darker, the better.

Thanks for teaching me how to make my own spaghetti sauce. The store bought stuff is crap.

Thanks for not spanking me when I was younger.

Thanks for taking us on all our family vacations. Now that I'm a mom, I know how stressful planning fun can be.

Thanks for not getting too upset when I went skinny dipping at Girl's Camp.

Thanks for supporting me in track, cross country, yearbook, that accidental year I was a cheerleader.

Thanks for watching me run.

Thanks for letting me drive your cars.

Thanks for your patience when trying to teach me to drive a stick shift.

Thanks for teaching me the things of the gospel.

Thanks for loving my husband.

Thanks for loving my kids.

Thanks for loving my Dad.

Thanks for loving me.

I love you.

4 comments:

Plain City Dickamores said...

Could not have said it better:) Love you

Jolie said...

your mom sounds like an amazing woman.
some time you need to let me in on the family secret recipe for spaghetti sauce! I remember a few years ago, you, Aaron, and the kids (at the time that was only Corgan and Lily!) came over to help us move. And later that night you brought over dinner. Homemade spaghetti and salad.
I just remember thinking to myself, "this is THE BEST spaghetti I've ever had in my life!!"
I can attest that you and your mom make some KILLER spaghetti!!

Maytribe said...

Thanks for being my "rae" of sunshine! I love you!

Anonymous said...

man we were stylish in the 80's!