Wednesday, June 30, 2010

I'm sure you have heard somewhere how there's an adjustment period couples go through after one of them retires.

I can totally relate to those women whose husbands have retired. Because I think I have now finally adjusted to Mr. Smith being "retired" for the summer. I am in no way complaining. Who am I kidding, I totally am! But he really threw off my schedule. My schedule. Not the kids. Mine.

Let me tell you a story. One of the first mornings home, he was commenting on how late it was for me to be getting in the shower at the late hour of 9:30am.

You can go ahead and laugh now, because I did. Oh, how I laughed!

Then I told him that I was about a half-hour ahead of schedule and he better be nice to me or else I'd leave the potato chips off of his albacore sandwich for lunch. This is one lunch lady you don't want to mess with.

2 comments:

Jill said...

i dont shower till noon most days! whats the point?? ha ha

The Dillon 6 said...

i think you were very kind to that man.