Tuesday, May 25, 2010

cable, schmable

Naps aren't the only thing to be a thing of the past in our home.

We made the tough decision to get rid of our cable.

'Scuse me while I wipe away my tears...

We fasted and prayed for many weeks before feeling like this was the right thing to do. Not really, but we have been thinking about severing the cable cord for awhile now, for a couple of reasons I will now list because I have nothing better to do:

-there never seems to be anything on no matter how many channels you have. Especially now that LOST is done, why even own a t.v.?

-we're going to be living out of our suitcases more than our dressers this summer so it just made sense to get rid of it.

-it's only been three days, but I feel as if a fog has been lifted and the kids have made it through their Disney, Nick Jr, Cartoon Network withdrawals.

So now we have the basic channels, ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX, PBS, a few shopping networks channels, a couple of super exciting government channels, the CW, and for some reason we have VH1 and the Style Network. Bonus! Because we all need some trashy "reality" shows in our lives.

And will someone please tell Joel McHale to not take it personally. It was a business decision. I still love him and The Soup.

3 comments:

Plain City Dickamores said...

Good for you, we have never had cable, I personally think its a waste of money and time:)I know people will disgree. thank goodness for our own personal opinions.LOL cant wait to see yo guys, gret is excited to show off her bunny:)

Emily and Nathan said...

Wow, that is great...I have been trying to get Nathan to do that too.

If you do have too many Joel McHale withdrawals, we record it...just sayin'

Jolie said...

we get the very basic cable package...nbc, cbs, pbs, tlc...all like you said. and of course, the fascinating cspan and cw.
we're not big tv watchers at all. Josh is a HUGE gamer on the pc and I like movies. There's never anything on expect for commercials anyway!
Good decision!