Monday, March 29, 2010

see me run

Yakima River Canyon Marathon 2010

It's done.

It hurt like Hades this time around.

My IT Band issue presented its convenient little self about mile four. That meant it felt as if I had a knife stabbing my left knee for almost the entire race. A very pleasant feeling.

And just like with child-bearing, I'll forget all about how much it hurt and I'll run another marathon because it's so much fun!

But unlike childbirth, I don't have my doctor sending me home with awesome pain meds.


pinning on the number


mile 4 before heading into the canyon.
and i don't have three nipples in the middle of my chest, those are from the goo packets shoved down my sports bra before i remembered my shorts had a pocket.


finished! 4:02:24 is the official time.
206 out of 530 runners.
58 female finisher.


see how happy i am! my husband was there to see me finish this time and photograph me in all my glory.


me wondering if i'm going to need knee replacement surgery to be able to run again.


And just so you all know, my bowels were just fine and no emergency stops were needed.

6 comments:

ericksonzone said...

You're lookin' good! Sorry about your knee pain though. Not fun!

Smith Family said...

were you running around in "circles" running around now running around the world?

Mojo said...

Congrats and really, you look skinnier than I have ever seen you and you have four kids. Really, does the fat ever go away!?

Jill said...

All i can say is WOW your amazing. Im doing a 1/2 marathon in 2 weeks and i think THATS amazing...you i dont even know what to say....

The Royals said...

Way to go!

Melissa said...

Good Job!