Tuesday, February 16, 2010

what would you do?

I picked her up from preschool and as soon as she was buckled up she let me know that she needed to go potty.

In a bad way.

I told her that we were on our way to the church to help set up for Enrichment ((or whatever the powers that be, have changed the name to this time)), and that she could use the potty at the church.

She wasn't having it. She needed to go right then. I told her to hold it and began the fun game of Distraction that we as parents become really good at playing with our kids.

We get to the church building about 15 minutes later and the other ladies hadn't arrived and I had left my set of church keys at home. Crud.

Lily really, really, r e a l l y, had to make water at this point. I again tried in vain to distract her and her urine urges.

No luck, Chuck. She was now starting to cry.

"I can just pee on the grass, Mom!", she cried.

I contemplated it for just a brief second. But I couldn't just let her mark her territory on the chapels lawn. I would definitley find myself in hell when I passed from this life.

And that's when I had a light bulb moment...

"Lily, I can put a diaper on you and then you can go pee in it. Would that be okay?"

She fought the idea for about 30 seconds. Then she must have realized that it really was the only way for her to relieve herself without peeing herself.

Lily agreed to the plan and after the size 3 diaper was securely in place, she immediately alleviated of all her discomfort and was happy once more.

And I win Most Awesome Mom of the Year Award.

7 comments:

The Dillon 6 said...

i would have taken her to a quiet lawn spot and let her go.

but your solution was good, too.

Puhlman said...

Great idea. It worked and you didn't even have a mess. YEP....most awesome mom ever.

Plain City Dickamores said...

Let her pee on the grass, we have plenty of times. So I guess i wont see you in Hell:) LOL

Kari said...

We have taken Ellie out of her car seat while driving and put a diaper on her cause she wasn't going to make to a bathroom. That's the solution I always use.

The Royals said...

Awesome! Way to go!

WASHINGTON PUCKETTS: said...

I know an adult who used a diaper in a pinch. :0) NOT me, in case you were wondering. Nice thinking outside the box!

~j. said...

That is ABSOLUTELY what I would do. So awesome.