Saturday, January 9, 2010

courtesy of facebook

Thank-you is all I can manage for right now.

Your prayers and thoughts are very much felt.

Thank-you.

Thank-you.

Thank-you.


Rachel May Smith For those of you who knew and loved my Dad, his tired body had had enough of this earthly life, and he passed away last night. He was a great man who loved his family and the gospel of Jesus Christ. I love you, Dad!
9 hours ago ·
Comment · Like William D May, Rachel Rice and 2 others like this.

Lori Kephart your dad WAS a great man. i am so sorry to hear that, rachel. my thoughts and prayers to you and your family during this difficult time. god bless.
9 hours ago ·

Cherisse Young Riney I am sorry for your loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
9 hours ago ·

Andrea Abenroth Wright I have many fun, wonderful memories of your dad. Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
9 hours ago ·

Erin Donnelly Gentry Rachel...we got a phone call this morning. I want you to know that we loved him so much too!!! He had such a powerful testimony and was instumental in touching the lives of thousands of youth as their Seminary or Institute teacher. I have loved working with him every day and count it as a blessing to have had him as my friend. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.
9 hours ago ·

Rohan Shearer Rachel - I am so sorry to hear that. Your dad was one of my favorite people ever. I will miss him but I'm so glad I got to see him last year. Will you please let me know when the funeral services will be? I'd like to try to make it there. We'll keep your family in our prayers.
9 hours ago ·

Cobi Zimmerman Foxx Rachel- I am so sorry. Your family is in our prayers, too. He was a neat man.
9 hours ago ·

Holly Harwood Jensen Sorry to hear of your loss Rachel!
9 hours ago ·

Thailia Johnson Your dad was an amazing man! He was a great seminary teacher. I have some good memories of him. He will be missed! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family in this sad time.
9 hours ago ·

Jalynne Hall Your Dad was a great man. I am so sorry to hear of the loss. You and your family are in my prayers.
8 hours ago ·

Chelsea Steiner I have such happy, happy memories of your dad cheering on our x-c teams. You and your family are in our thoughts.
8 hours ago ·

Troy Stucki Oh man... I'm sorry... I'll definitely miss him! *hugs* :'(
8 hours ago ·

Kari Ricks Markham So sorry Rachel. Is there anything I can do for you?
8 hours ago ·

Anna Dorward Schoenwald so sorry to hear about your dad rachel. i never met him but can imagine how great he was by how you talked about him. you will be in our thoughts and prayers. we love you. please let me know if we can do anything for you.
8 hours ago ·

Christy Meldrum Smith My thoughts are with you at this difficult time! He was such a great man!
8 hours ago ·

Jessie Brugger Rachel, Im so Sorry. Your dad was an Amazing man...so much fun..he had such an awesome sense of humor..you have that sense of humor.I miss you girl..and I am so sorry..Lots of Love to all your family.
8 hours ago ·

Tom Worton I loved his seminary classes, he was by far the best. He always seemed to go the extra mile and as a results i am sure all of us will remember not only him but the messegs that he shared.
8 hours ago ·

Aubrie Woods Mendoza Jenni just called to tell me the news. I'm so sorry. He was such a cool person who made learning the Gospel fun! He was an amazing person who will be sadly missed. How wonderful for the plan of salvation! Love to all of your family!
8 hours ago ·

Maria Worton Bybee I echo what Tom said, he ALWAYS went the extra mile! He helped strengthen my testimony of the gospel and made me laugh along the way. Love him!
8 hours ago ·

Julie Stafford Plummer some of my best memories were starting out the very 1st year in seminary with him, going to Enumclaw to discuss release time with youth there and then going on a radio talk show to discuss seminary...
8 hours ago ·

Garnet Deakins Stanger It's amazing how one person can touch so many lives. I too have great memories of your dad. I'm sorry for your loss, but I'm sure he will continue to have an impact on the lives of all those who had the opportunity to laugh with and learn from him.
8 hours ago ·

Amy Christensen Nielson I can't picture your Dad right now any other way than smiling or laughing. He was a great guy. Please be sure to post memorial info, I'd really like to be there. My thoughts are with you guys!!
8 hours ago ·

Nancy Livingston Sorry to hear that. I met your Dad a handful of times and liked him from the start. Mom Smith has told me about his health and man what a fighter for live. He is a good man.
8 hours ago ·

Rachael Telford I'm so sad to hear this news. Your father shared strength, faith ,and kindness with me when I needed it most. He will be missed. Your family is in my prayers.
7 hours ago ·

Melissa Dillon Rachel, you are a strong woman to make those phone calls last night. I love you and I love your family. We'll see you this afternoon and will talk more then. "The Church is TRUE!" and your dad knew it and loved it.
7 hours ago ·

Rebekah Hillstrom-Wilson my friend, we are keeping you and your family in our prayers. I pray you are going to be able to find comfort and peace at this time. though, I only met you daddy once, he radiated love for his family. you are so lucky to be able to have the chance to spend eternity with him. we love you.
7 hours ago ·

Cherie Lewis MacLean I'm so sorry he was a wonderful man and he loved the lord.He was a great uncle to me. I'm truly so sorry for your and your family's loss. Now he is with grandma num num and grandpa.
7 hours ago ·

Julie May Peterson Love you, Rachel.
6 hours ago ·

Kiron Croke I'm sorry to hear it. Your dad always made me laugh!!
6 hours ago ·

Michelle Smith Sorry to hear this. Your family is in my prayers!
6 hours ago ·

Candi Jones Barker I'm so sorry to hear that. We all loved him. Our prayers are with your family.
6 hours ago ·

Jayne Eynon Criddle
So very sorry for your familiy's loss! He was an angel on earth! I'm so very grateful for your father's influence for good on my husband and children and myself. He never faltered in his testimony! I'm sure my husband has eagerly been awaiting the time when they would be reunited on the other side!As he was a GREAT teacher of the gospel in this ... See Morelife, just think of the AWESOME influence he will be as a teacher in the next life! We have never forgotten the comforting and funny talk he gave at my husband's funeral! He and your mom were some of the few who had known my husband since their days together in the R.S. Nursery in Bremerton!
I'm sure this special bond continues to the next life. He will continue to be close to you and your family. We love you and count it as a Heavenly blessing to have been priviledged to call him friend, teacher and Brother in the Gospel! Love and hugs to you all! Jayne Criddle
6 hours ago ·

Bethany Woods Dragness Rachel, I just heard the news and my heart is breaking for your family. But like Aubrie said, thank goodness for our knowledge of the Plan of Salvation and that we know our life does not end in death. Your dad was truly amazing, funny and kind and he will be missed by so many people! Please let me know if I can do anything for you. Love to your family.
6 hours ago ·

Karen King Rachel, he was a great uncle and I will miss him. We have been praying for your family.
5 hours ago ·

Jen Holmberg Anderson So sorry for your loss. You and your family will be in my prayers.
5 hours ago ·

Amberlyn Obray Jones I'm sorry for your loss, Rachel and May family- and I'm sure there's a really awesome reunion between Kay and your Dad going on over on the other side right now! :) He touched so many lives- thousands of young people now located in countless locations- his influence will be felt for generations because of all that he taught all of us and that we are now teaching our own children. That's an amazing legacy. I am glad to have known him.
4 hours ago ·

Noel Gomillion
I'm sorry, Rachel! I loved having your dad as a seminary teacher. He was so fun and funny and spiritual, and I could tell he really cared about us. I feel so blessed that he was a part of my life.
4 hours ago ·

Melissa Dickson Ricks
Rachel and whole May family, I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Your dad is an amazing man who has influenced many, many lives and will be missed. You are in our prayers.
4 hours ago ·

Aimee McNab
Very sorry for your loss. I will always remember your dad's laugh. It was contagious. He gave so much of his time and effort to the youth.
2 hours ago ·

Tina Bulson-Brewer
I am so sorry to hear the news. He is an incredible man that touched countless lives. Love you all and you are in our prayers!
2 hours ago ·

Scott May I love you cousin, may god help us keep a great memory of a great father and uncle!
4 hours ago ·

David Borough Sorry Rachel - I never met him, but our hearts and prayers go out to you guys!
2 hours ago ·

Kimberly Hawks Rachel, I'm so sorry for you and your family's loss. Your dad was such a wonderful person who taught with humor and zeal. We all are stronger in the gospel because of him. He will be missed and you are in our prayers.
2 hours ago ·

Dorie Smith
The world lost someone very special. But Heaven rejoices at his return.
about an hour ago ·

Sunny Smith Twiddy Sorry for your loss. Your dad was truly amazing and touched many lives. You and your family are in our prayers.
about an hour ago ·

10 comments:

Jolie said...

Rachel, I am deeply sorry for your loss of such a great man. I didn't know your father was sick until reading this so I'm sorry that I was kinda out of the loop. But my thoughts and prayers are with you, I promise!! May our God bless you with all the strength and optimism you need.

ericksonzone said...

I'm sure it's tough for you right now. We're thinking of you. We love you!

Pamela Brown said...

I am so sorry. Our thoughts and prayers are with you guys. If you need anything or if you want us to pick up Corgan for school please let us know!!

Mojo said...

Rachel!!!! I just found out about your dad! I'm so sorry and I want to send you my love and your family my love. I want you to know that if you need anything from Chicago, let me know. If I can, I'll try to ship Billy Corgan to you. You're dad was such a fun guy and I have nothing but good memories of him.

Mo

Puhlman said...

Oh no. Tears are welling up in my eyes as I think of your pain. Know that I am thinking and praying for you and your family. So sorry.

Stan and Jamie said...

Rachel I am so sorry for your loss! You and your family will be in our prayers!

SarahJane said...

Rachel - So sorry to hear about your father's passing. Please know that he is remembered with much love and fondness. His influence has greatly inpacted my life. You and your family will be in my prayers.

Smith Family said...

what a tribute to such a wonderful man and to you and your family. You will always cherish those! How neat!

Jenn said...

I remember freshmen year not even wanting to go to seminary and then I plopped down in my seat in your dad's class and my feelings toward seminary completely changed. that's how amazing your dad truly was. he made a difference in my life and i am so grateful to have known him. my prayers are with you and your family. lots of love. jenn

Nate and Marcie said...

Like many others, your dad touched my life and my testimony in a great way. He exemplified the gospel of Christ and the love of the Savior. Your family is in our prayers at this time. Love you!