Monday, September 21, 2009

it's a small world after all

While we were on our trip to Utah over a month ago,

((Has it really been that long?

Oh, how I still crave Lonestar Taqueria.

And don't think for one second that when we were in Idaho Falls over Labor Day, I didn't think about driving the three hours down there to get me some of that delicious, knock your socks off, Mexican food.

Because I did.

I wish we did.

Totally worth the six extra hours it would have tacked on to our trip.

Totally.))

Anywho....

While we were down there, we ran into so many people we knew.

My old Bishop from my teenage days. Ran into him and his wife at the Cafe Rio in Ogden.

Aaron's old zone leader from his mission in Texas. He and his wife and kids were eating at the Cafe Rio in Provo.

Our old neighbors from here. They moved to Provo four years ago. We ran into them while we were at church with Aaron's cousin. The first hour of meetings had just got over, and we were in the foyer waiting, and lo and behold, there was the Nisse family.

Crazy, I know!

And then I hiked the 'Y' with Nie. She gives awesome hugs. And her and her husband, and entire family for that matter, are just as nice as they seem on all their blogs.

And when I was sitting on the 'Y', I looked over to my right and saw Phread. I had been reading her blog for awhile, and couldn't believe she was a mere ten feet away! I stood up and walked over and introduced myself and we hugged and chatted for a few minutes and she then headed down the mountain.

I caught up with her and her daughter and friend on my way down. She is exactly how I thought she'd be...just as awesome as she is on her blog. And to make that story even more funny, ((i know, i know. how can it, right?!)) I helped give her young daughter a piggyback ride down the last 1/3 of the hike. And she peed her pants. Not Phread. Her daughter. But I, myself, having four kids, laughed it off because it really was funny.

Then there was the couple from our ward we ran into walking around the Supernacle, or what some call, the Hinckley Center, but what is really known as the Conference Center.

We were trying to find a restroom. They wanted a tour. We both entered in the same door, only to find out it was not where either one of us wanted to be. My family took the elevator trying in vain to find a place to relieve our worn out kids, who were doing the potty dance very well at this point. They stayed in the lobby.

The elevator we were on took us to the underground parking garage. Definitely not where a bathroom would be located. ((who right now thought of the Seinfeld episode? soooo funny.))

On our way back up in the lift, we started to let the our frustrations boil over some, and it turned into a wee bit of a "heated argument". Then the elevator doors opened, and standing there was the couple from our ward. Not embarrassing at all.

And one random meeting was with Leah. She took our family pictures for us. I had come to find her while helping my sister search for her wedding photographer. Krissy went with someone else, but I booked Leah to snap our photos while we were in Provo.

Through our small talk, is was brought up that she went to BYU Hawaii for some of her schooling. I asked about when was she there and she ended being there the same time two friends of Aaron were also there. I mentioned the first name, and it sounded familiar, but she couldn't be sure. Then I said the second name, and Holy Moly Batman! She ended up being roommates with Aaron's old girlfriend from high school.

Seriously. What are the odds of that happening?

But if you're ever in the Provo area and want some fantastic photos taken, call her up. Because as you can see from the following pictures, she knows her stuff.









I love my family.

A lot.

And you're welcome for getting that song stuck in your head....it's a small world after all.....

7 comments:

Jolie said...

How uncanny that all those coincidences happened on the same trip!
Very cool stories. And I bet it's safe to say that pretty much the entire LDS mommy blogging community is secretly jealous of you for meeting Nie and Ph....well, crap. Can't remember her name now. But the other one!! (can you tell I don't follow her blog?)

Anyway, AMAZING pics of the family. You have a quartet of such gorgeous, photogenic children I swear! SO, so adorable. And the one of the entire family just astounds me! I don't think I've ever seen a family pic taken where all the kids involved are smiling AND looking at the camera!

Jill said...

LOVE the family pics everyone looks great...which is a shocker since theres 4 kids in the pic! How do you look that good after having 4 kids....i need to know your secret! Hope all is well!

Tina said...

I love those pictures! And I know what you mean about it being a small world - especially in the church!

Melissa said...

What a beautiful family you have! You look great! I agree with the other comments about getting a cute shot of all four kids; that's not an easy feat!

WASHINGTON PUCKETTS: said...

Gorgeous photos!!

~j. said...

Hahaha. Yeah... 'member that one time? That one time when my daughter PEED on you?

ha.

haha.

*cough*

um.

seriously, SO awesome to meet you! Your family is lovely, and, yes, awesome photos!!

Bridget said...

How funny to meet so many people you know. Your family photos are wonderful and I can't believe all of your kids were looking at the camera in the family shot. Please don't tell me that your photographer only took a couple of shots and this was it.

We've also had some random chance meetings with friends. My husband and I were at Sea World years ago and in the corner of my eye I see this girl running up to me. Just before she jumped on me I recognized her as one of my friends from college.

Another time we were across the country at Disney World. I came out of the restroom and was waiting for my husband when I see one of my brother's best friends in high school waiting, too. So weird.

When we were growing up, sometimes we took long road trips and stopped at any attraction that was along the way. This time, we happened to be in South Dakota and we went to the Corn Palace. We signed into the guest book directly under our neighbors.

But the MOST random of all chance meetings was when my sister, friend and I were back packing in Italy. We went to a little market and saw some missionaries talking to some people. We wanted to say hi and approached them only to find they were talking to a girl I knew when I was 16.

Yes, it is a small world. Especially, when you are LDS. I am in awe that you met so many people you knew in one trip. We don't meet that many unless we're in the grocery store on a Saturday night.