Friday, August 14, 2009

fur reel

It's different here.

Lots of good reasons. And lots of not so good.

I want to bring up one of the not so good.

I was reading the paper and they had a section for a Cutest Baby contest, that the paper was doing.

Three full pages of darling baby faces and re-donk-ulous names.

Those poor, poor kids.

I no longer feel like Corgan is a weird name.

boys--
Tyke
Ren
Ace
Crew, Krew, or even Kru
Braylon
Haggen
Derron
Samson
Navy
Roston
Wilde
Taegan
Treytan
Zaidyn
Atreyu
Deyn

girls--
Gracee
Aiva
Paityn
Taytum
Kenlee
Emerie
Oaklee
Breille
Arabella
T'Maea
Avigail
Ryelee
Keatyn
Keola
Tegan
Jorey Joy
Bryleigh
Kaebrie
Akayla
Ayzlee
Tylynn
Jae

And really, I don't know which is more sad, those names or that I actually typed them all our for you to read.

Either way, those kids are in for a world of hurt once the hit school.

"No, it's with a 'y'."

"That's two 'ee's', please."

"What's so hard about spelling, Brjjyyyiiiylee??"


8 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL! Oh my gosh you are so right about this! Brittanie & I love to go to the pool, and hear the parents calling to their kids....and then we try so hard not to laugh at all the "made up" names they have! Then I always tease her by telling her I should have named her that :)

Mary said...

Wow....great post. I totally agree....crew?

Mojo said...

They may not get picked on since every one has a weird name.

Pamela Brown said...

I can't even pronounce most of those names. That is so weird, poor kids.

Jolie said...

Well, so long as they're not naming their kids stuff like "Vulva" or "Lucifer". ;-)

The Royals said...

I have seen Taegan as a girls name. And, yes, I am from "here" ;) However, I have Alex, Tyler and Matthew. I am one of the wierd ones because my kids have normal names!

~j. said...

Atreyu. (Falcor?)

Avigail. That one just sounds like a mistake.

(Awesome to meet you. Sorry my kid peed on you.)

Jo's girl said...

ahh tell me about it! if I wasn't so smitten with the name Channing, I would have forgone the whole thing for the future (now not so distant future) with having named her a "weird" name. the high spanish population here insists on calling her shanning. and many a time people think I'm saying Shannon. (which sorry but I loathe that name) and I have even caught her correcting those who might get it right and saying it's Shanning because... well that's what she hears all day at school.

I have the weird spelling of rachael and have never corrected anyone if they go for the more common "el" when writing my name, cause frankly I don't care if they mess it up. but I find myself self seething with anger at the mispronunciation, of my precious little girls name, and remember a friends mother flipping out on me because I had the nerve to call her son" Jake" rather than the intended "Jacob". and at times I think I will never be so anal, and then think hell if she could get away with it so can I. but at least I never made it up. it's an old english name intended for Boys meaning "counselor to the church"