Monday, May 11, 2009

mother's day

It was a good day to be a Mom.

Relieved of most of my motherly duties for a short period of time.

I was in bed until nine. Nine!!

Then, the husband brought in some breakfast he made. I suppose watching all those Food Network shows with me has rubbed off a bit. The "secret ingredient" was strawberries. Waffles with strawberries in the batter, strawberries on top with whipped cream, and an orange juice slash strawberry concoction, to wash it all down with.

A nice walk to and from church.

Dinner prepared by the husbands with some friends. A little surf and turf. Steak and lobster. Never had lobster before. Think I'm going to have to again. And strawberry shortcake for dessert.

A girl can used to all of this.





Oh, and Mom, I love you.

And everything you've ever taught me and given me.

All except my crooked tooth. That I could do without.



he was tired from a hard day at church.