Saturday, May 30, 2009

everybody has a body

"The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new." -rajneesh


I am no longer in the milk supply business.

It has happened around this time with all of my babies.

With Blake, I was prescribed Reglan to try and keep it flowing. But I was a part of that small percentile where it made me feel all street-rat crazy. So I stopped taking it and stopped feeling like the world was imploding all around me. Good choice.

When women stop nursing, they say they "get their bodies back."

But I beg to differ.

As a mom, I never get my body back. I am tugged at, sat on, laid on, chased, spit-up on, the list goes on and on.

But I am also hugged and kissed on, cuddled, tickled by chubby hands, and most importantly--extremely missed when my body is away from home. By both the kids and the husband.


It's a wonderful thing to feel needed by those bodies.

6 comments:

~j. said...

Lovely.

Plain City Dickamores said...

I love my Body!!! Thanks for the reminder:)

ericksonzone said...

cute! Way to get one of you back on the blog.

Pamela Brown said...

Sooo cute and so very true!!!!!

Jolie said...

that was so sweet. of all the things about those little bodies (and those feisty little spirits controlling those bodies), I also adore the fact that they need their mommies more than anybody else in this world. feeling needed and feeling missed makes up for the times when little hands do naughty things.

The Dillon 6 said...

YAY!!!! I seeeeeee youuuuuuuuuu!