Monday, April 6, 2009

all things change

It was a year ago Saturday, that I ran in my first marathon.

I highly recommend them to everyone out there. It is something you won't ever regret.

When I run, my thoughts are running, too. There's no structure to them, they flit and prance about however they please. It's my time to let them do that. Instead of paying a shrink to sort out my thoughts, I go for a run instead. I went running the night before I was married. It helped. The next day the sealer said I was the most calm bride he'd ever seen. I attribute that to my run. Well, that and the fact that I was getting married at the right time, in the right place, to the right person.

As I was running my measly 4 miles on Saturday, I was thinking at how it doesn't really feel like an entire year has already flown by. Then I was thinking how so much has changed. Ranging from having a baby numero 4, Blake going into Nursery on Sundays, Aaron graduating and getting his first teaching job, Corgan starting Kindeygarten. Lots of things.

One of the songs on my handy-dandy MP3 player is one sung by the Billy Corgan. And he sings about how all things change. 'Tis true. All things do change. All the time. And to tie that in with what our Prophet said at General Conference yesterday, "Our future is as bright as our faith."

Change occurs everyday. Whether I want it to or not. Sometimes the change is something I've worked for or something I didn't know was coming. Either way, it happens. But come what may, my future is bright because of my faith.

2 comments:

Lore Smart said...

beautifully said. The only thing constant in life is change. Rock on Sister for the Rock n Roll marathon!

The Royals said...

Rachel, your blog always lifts my spirit. You have such a way with words.