Tuesday, February 17, 2009

tuesdays with dorie

I'm back in the kitchen.

After taking a super-duper long break from TWD, I needed to come back. It's fun to try new things that I normally wouldn't bake myself. And make my husband eat them.

And boy, am I glad to be back. This week someone finally chose the cake on the cover for us all to try. Devils Food White-Out Cake was picked by Stephanie. You can visit her site to get the recipe if you want to give it a try.

I looooved the batter and the cake right out of the oven was heaven. It was topped with a light marshmallow frosting that wasn't my favorite. It tasted too much like the cream of tartar that was called for in the recipe. Blah. But the cake--same day--was really good.

And there are no pictures because I forgot our camera at my parents during our last trip over. So you'll definitely need to see Stephanie's pictures on her blog to appreciate the cake in all its glory.

1 comments:

Lillian said...

The icing was much better the second day -- I hope you got to try it again!