Thursday, January 15, 2009

more to love


I was thinking about getting another Boppy. I used one with Corgan and Lily and loved it. Aaron loved it, too. It was the perfect pillow for laying down and watching tv with. But it finally succumbed to being old and tired and we tossed it.

So I've been looking online for another one; but then this morning I realized something. And this something is going to save me the $40 I would have spent on getting a Boppy.


I already have one.


No. Not an actual, real Boppy. But when I sit down it sort of appears right where I would put the real thing. You ladies know what I'm talking about. And for those of you who are like, "huh? what is she talking about?" You are one of the lucky few to not have a built-in Boppy after giving birth. And I hate you. Not the malicious kind of hate. Just the kind where I wish a thousand nights of sleeplessness with your newborn. That's not that bad.

And I am counting down the days until I can start to do something about it. You may remember me mentioning my sister's wedding coming up in August. I would really like not having my Boppy hanging around then.

But can I really be complaining about this since the outcome is so dang lovable?

12 comments:

Rachael said...

Looks like she's moved past him not being a girl :)

Beth Tunnell said...

She's so pretty! Man. Britton has very little interest in her little sis.

Anonymous said...

You are so hilarious. If I remember right it doesn't take you long to get back the way you were. After you run a bit it won't take you long. You will get that hot mamma bod back soon........just in time to have number 5 (a girl)

Puhlman said...

OK so now that I am lauging out loud I need you all to realize that my husband did NOT just post that last comment. That would be bad. I was accidently logged into his account. SORRY. But hey that is pretty funny.

Stan and Jamie said...

Oh Rachel, you got me laughing and unfortunately I know JUST what you mean! And I also am wishing a few others many sleepless nights because I hate them in a good way!! HAHA!

The Dillon 6 said...

Your boppy is very cute!

My friend is done borrowing the one we let her use (it was Dana's). Would you like it?

Anonymous said...

ARE YOU KIDDING me???? lOOK at your little handsome cade!! It would totally ROCK to fly to washington...lol {ha! maybe someday}
thank you for your comment tho...

You gotta CUTE little family!
And congratulations!

Smith Family said...

That is the cutest picture! But, before you go buy a bobby, just a word of advice. The "Breast Friend" is really your breast friend. It is way better then the Bobby!!! Instead of the baby caving in with the bobby, the pillow is flat and also gives you some back support. I should have bought that thing for my first one. I would give you mine but I am still using it!

Jolie said...

Oh, I TOTALLY knew what you were referring to before you gave a hint. You see, I, too, have my very own built-in boppy pillow affixed around my waist. "Ye old tire in the middle", "muffin top", whatever you want to call it, I just wish I could take some sexy pills and wake up the next morning to it being gone.

Precious picture of Lily holding Cade, too.

Jolie said...

p.s. Just remember, fat cows give good milk. ;-)

Crysler's said...

I know exactly what you're talking about and I haven't even had kids... I've been pretty lazy. I call mine my love tube, (it's not just handles it goes ALL the way around).

WASHINGTON PUCKETTS: said...

You are so funny! I am sure it won't take you long to get rid of your "boppy". Ok, so I am totally out of the loop. Who is getting married?