Thursday, January 29, 2009

here's a favor...

I can't take the credit for these. But I cannot for the life of me remember where the heck in the world wide web I saw them. But they're cute and soooooo easy to make!

You buy these from Sam's Club. Nope. Costco doesn't sell them. Maybe yours does. But the two I checked didn't have them.



Use a safety can opener--you know, the kind that doesn't leave the jagged-y edge-- and take off the bottom lid and dump contents into whatever. Wash, rinse, repeat until done. Or you could use your dish washer.



Fill with whatever your heart desires. These particular ones are for a baby shower where the lovely lady is expecting a pretty, little girl.



Then super glue the bottom back on. I used this kind, it worked super.



Lastly, cover can with pretty paper, and viola! Totally cute, right?! Now go make you some.



12 comments:

Unknown said...

YES, I love these! Thanks for sharing this cute idea. :)

Jolie said...

Those ARE adorable! Great idea woman.

Puhlman said...

That is super cute. I think I will do them for Valentines Day when we have the missionaries over. Is it easy to glue the bottom back on? And do you put anything on the bottom so the glue doesn't touch the candy?

Chelsi said...

Very cute! I'll see ya tonight at the shower!

Tina said...

What a cute idea!

Plain City Dickamores said...

why don't you make more and mail them to me. Thanks

ray-ray says said...

ummm...no.

that's why i showed you how to make them.

maybe you can start making them for krissys' wedding favors.

kmay and mike said...

you are oh so martha stewart!! love it. your just so crafty :)

ericksonzone said...

Those are really cute. Our Costco does have those. What excuse can I cook up for needing to head into town?...I love the utensil can in the background and are those new canisters for flour, sugar and such? Cute!

Puhlman said...

OK so I actually forgot about the Steelers coat we tried to give you. Too funny.

Obama is a Steelers fan? EWWW HEHEHEHE That just goes to show you that he does have something good about him.

We shall see.

Nichole Gaertner said...

Haha! Rachel, I absolutely love reading your blog. I should do it more often! To save you from having to read 30 blog comments on all your different postings, I'll just limit myself to one LONG comment! You're son is adorable. Congrats on him and all your tornado children. ;) Oh- and don't forget to "shout out" to the hubbers... or not. lol!

Anyway- you are a wonderful mama, I always looked up to you and Becky because you guys were still hip with having hundreds of children. I love it! -Oh, and I totally have the packable-bobby. (Baby tummy!)... and unfortunately it hasn't left yet even though I'm pregnant! HAHA!

Love Nichole

Hayter Family said...

Could you send those pretty little things my way if I go and have a baby girl? I love reading your blog as always...it's so refreshing!

Congrats on that baby boy!