Monday, December 8, 2008

movin' on up

Had an appointment today and Lily is finally in the double digits on the growth charts!!

12th percentile for height!! Wa Hoo!!!

But her weight went down just a smidge and now is under the 4th percentile for weight instead of just above the 5th percent. I was told that this deems her malnourished. Don't ask me how this is happening. She sometimes puts her brothers to shame with her eating.

Maybe I should start having her drink heavy cream instead of regular milk. Or better yet, I should try some powdered calf milk. My friends mom-in-law was accidentally drinking that thinking it was regular powdered milk when she was pregnant. Her doctors' eyes about popped out of his head with the weight she was putting on each month.

Moo, moo buckaroo.

5 comments:

The Dillon 6 said...

so when do they haul you off to the big-house for starving her? ;) I think all kids are just different. Keep being a good mom!!

Emily and Nathan said...

When I was just a little thing I wasn't even on the chart. I had my own curve beneath the chart. So I was deemed "Failure to thrive." Don't you love the labels doctors put on patients.

Puhlman said...

well hope they didn't fail to see how stickin cute she is. They don't know everything.

Jolie said...

I started both Joanna and Jaclyn on weight gainer shakes! I buy Fred Meyer's brand ensure shakes and mix them 1/2 and 1/2 with whole milk. They usually get one in the a.m. when they watch morning cartoons. It has helped them 'cause they also have that "problem" (if you want to call it that) of gaining and maintaining weight.

The Royals said...

Your kids are adorable!