Saturday, November 15, 2008

oh yes, i did

My parents made me do it when I was living in their house. Didn't matter if I was 7 or 17...if we did anything to another sibling that was wrong, most of the time we had to sing "the song". In my case, it was always either the sister right above me, Lael, or right below me, Krissy. Although there was that one time that Aaron made me and my second oldest sister, Dyan sing it to each other. But I won't go into that "heated discussion".

This morning, Corgan was over the top frustrated with Lily. He decided that spitting on her would be the best thing to do. Wrong-o, buck-o.

So I did what any good parent ((mine)) would do. I made him hug her and sing "the song". And just like when I was being forced to love my own siblings; by the end of the song whatever had been said or done, was made right again....
...if only because we sure as heck didn't want to stand there and hug our sister through another round of "the song".

7 comments:

Chelsi said...

That is too funny. The anticipation about what "the song" was was killing me. Then when I finally found out what it was I just had to laugh out loud. I couldn't help it. What a good mommy!

Jolie said...

OOOOO. Ok, now I understand why you mentioned in a previous post that Aaron started singing that particular song to you.
That's actually a great idea, maybe I'll make my kids start doing that!

Puhlman said...

AWESOME. You just gave me the best idea. Lately, we have been having way too much fighting for a parent to have to deal with. I can't wait to hear this song over and over and over. Thanks for the idea. I will let the kids know where this came from. :) They still remember you guys.

Tina said...

I remember a few times our parents making us sing "We are a happy family" when we were arguing or something. That's great!

ericksonzone said...

I'm sure they will just love you in the same way you loved your parents when they get older. But hey, they''ll probably have their kids sing "the song" when they have them.

Rachel said...

HA! I had anticipation about what the "song" was too! I love "Love One Another" too! My Mom didn't make us sing that song; she would ALWAYS start singing, "We Are a Happy Family" whenever the children fought! That drove us nuts!!! But it did work! Thanks for sharing!

Lore Smart said...

Awesome.....I'll bet it makes you laugh inside when you hear your own kids singing "the song" What a cute idea.