Thursday, July 10, 2008

july 8-10 girl's camp

I had a blast helping out with our ward. The girls were awesome; only a few moments of drama. But that's expected when dealing with teenage girls. It was fun to be a leader and get to know the two from ward better. ((jamie--your mom is awesome))
My only complaint is the campfire time. Especially the evening one. The songs the YCL's picked to sing were Lame. And that's with a capital 'L'. Of the two nights I was there, only 2, count them, 2 songs had actions!! And at one point they sang "sippin' cider", and "the bear in tennis shoes", right after another. It's the same song! And each one has like 50 verses! I was going crazy! I wanted so badly to rush the stage and show them how it's supposed to be done. I'd start with "squirrel, squirrel", followed by "little red caboose". Then maybe "dum, dum, da, dum" ((you know, the one where you sit and do the hand motions?)) Followed with "zulu king", and "the swiss girl who went yodeling". And then I'd have to teach them real way to sing "princess pat". They did theirs, you guessed it, without the sweet actions. I was wishin' for my girls camp compadre's to be there with me so we could rock Lockamora once more. "Thank you, and goodnight!!" ((mo and kirsten, i will love you forever))
I did locate my Laurel project. It was exactly 10 years ago that it was done up there during girls camp. The ranch was putting in a new trail and needed the trail cleared and two footbridges built. The trails looks like it hasn't been used for about 5 years. But the bridges are still going strong.




1 comments:

The Dillon 6 said...

wow. some people take their Girls' Camp VERY seriously!!! Ti's like you were spaking a foreign song-language....