Monday, July 14, 2008

....and then there were four.


I've been keeping a secret ((from most of you)). And it's been growing now for about thirteen weeks. In my uterus. I'm at the point where keeping it a secret is near impossible. I'm already in maternity clothes. Those flattering pieces of garments will be my wardrobe for the next 6 months. I've never been pregnant over the summer months, so it's already been an interesting pregnancy.

It was a bit of a surprise. One that took a day to wrap my head around. We knew we were going to have another, just not this soon. The first trimester passed like the others; sick, nausea, extremely tired, the prescription knocked me out for about two weeks. It did it's job of kicking the nausea down a few notches, but I was completely out of it. Thankfully, that is a thing of the past and now I can look forward to the weight gain.

I'm keeping my favorite baby doctor, Dr. Bigler, in Auburn. He has delivered my three other babies, and I just love him! My first appointment was July 7th ((our anniversary)) and it was like seeing an old friend when he walked in the door. And he gave a wonderful anniversary present when I got to hear the quiet heartbeat of the baby. And knowing that there's only one swimming in there. ;) He also gave me the green light to still participate in the sprint triathlon on the 26th. He just said to keep hydrated and take it easy.

So now I get to wonder if Lily will get her baby sister. Because if you ask her, that's what's inside. And I can't wait to feel the baby kick and move. That's probably my most favorite feeling in the whole world.

19 comments:

Chelsi said...

Congratulations! I found your blog while blog hopping today and that was exciting, but reading the great news was even better. You have such a cute family. I'm so excited for you guys. Glad to hear you're over the sick part. That's no fun at all.

I don't think I ever told you guys how much David and I appreciated being welcomed into your home for dinner our first sunday here. We had a great time and it made us feel so welcome. Even though we have a tiny place, we'd love to have your family over sometime. I was having so much fun getting to know people in sunday school and RS, but now I'm in the primary for the summer till activity days starts in Sept. Hopefully after that I'll be able to be more social at church again...we'll see.

Congratulations again on the baby. That's the best kind of news!

~Chelsi Greenwood

Kari said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you. I hope you have a happy and healthy 6 months.

Emily and Nathan said...

Congrats!!! It good to hear you are over the morning sickness. It is always a relief to be done with that. So when is the due date?

Rachel said...

congrats rachel! its so funny how i already miss feeling my little guy kicking around inside me! I would enjoy that feeling too if it happened to me again! congrats! i'm so excited for you!

Unknown said...

Congrats Rachel! Glad someone around here is multiplying and replenishing the earth (because it is certainly not me ;)! I hope you are doing well!!

Stan and Jamie said...

YEah!!! Congrats, that is VERY exciting! You are so brave! Keep us posted! ;)

Hayter Family said...

Congrats on that baby in your belly! Four little munchkins running around...how exciting. You're a good mama.

Hebdon's said...

Congrads! Wow 4! We are very happy for you both. Keep up posted.
Leslee

Jolie said...

okay, so now that you're pg, is there seriously ANY female in the 3 wards who is NOT pregnant?!?!
This is SO FUNNY!! We always say that these things come in waves, but holy moly. This is turning out to be a tidal wave of pregnant ladies.
I think it's 'cause you've been hanging around way too many of us preggos and it rubbed off on you. ;-)

Wait, so if you're already 13 wks. along, did you run your marathon PREGNANT?!?!?! Or was that right before you got pregnant?

Congrats on the new baby on the way and my fingers are crossed for a girl. Then you'd have a fun mix. Boy, girl, boy, girl.
Yeah!!

ray-ray says said...

The ultrasound put the due date around January 11th or 12th. But it will most likely be before then, since all the others were induced before their actual due dates.

And no, I wasn't pregnant during the marathon. This all happened after. ;)

Crysler's said...

congratulations Rachel! That's very exciting. You'll have to get me your e-mail so I can invite you to my blog. :-)

Crysler's said...

PS. It's DeAnna Layman :-)

The Dillon 6 said...

wowie wow wow WOW! That's SUPER news!!!! 4 is a lot of fun. Can't wait to see you all pregnant at Ohanapecosh!!

The Riners said...

Rachael How fun. When you came in to nursrey on sunday for some reason i thougth. Pregnant and not that you look it. i just thought it. crazy. any way tell jolie there are still non prego women in 3rd ward cuz i am one. lol crongrates

Angie said...

Aww! I'm so excited for you guys. You make cute babies, so I'm sure this one will be just as cute. :) Congratulations!

And you're doing a triathlon!? That's so cool! Good luck with that. You're an inspiration.

The Kunz Family said...

Congrats on baby # 4, corgans birthday, and your anniversary. Wow you guys are definately keepin busy:)

Nate and Marcie said...

Congratulations! You're going to have 4 kids, I can't believe it! I'm still trying to get my guts up to have a third!

Mojo said...

what the @#$%! four kids. four kids dude.

Mojo said...

I need to mention that you are my hero.