Thursday, June 19, 2008

little house on the prairie

My husband and eldest son left last Thursday to the father/son ward camp out, our cable connection moved on Friday((if you want to whole story to that, email me)), and I was left at home with the two youngin's to tend to the homestead. I had no internet or t.v. I felt like Laura Ingalls Wilder. Aaron bytheway, loves the t.v. series.
I was a worry wart the entire time they were gone. The campsite was rightnext to the water, and because I had called to see how my boys were doing the first night, Aaron was razzed the rest of the trip because his old lady had called to check-up on them. Then I was put on the "need to know" system.
Aaron and Corgan safely returned Saturday; Tuesday we were reconnected to the world and now all is well here on the prairie.



In other news, I upgraded my bike. Instead of training for the triathlons on a two-wheeled tank a.k.a. Aaron's old mission bike, I now have a machine that clips along the road at a much faster pace. It also weighs a whole heck of a lot less!!

great for doing the Lord's work, not so good for training

thankful things:

1- Aaron graduating!!
2- my new bike!!
3- there's no wind today!!

6 comments:

The Odermott's said...

looks like they had fun camping.

Plain City Dickamores said...

Nice set of wheels

Jolie said...

Your posts always crack me up. I love the way you see the world.
'cause you're absolutely right. Having no internet IS like homesteadin' it.
Aaaaahh, yes. A certain family who shall remain nameless moved away, taking their shared cable/internet connection with them. Darn 'dem danged Ericksons!!!

oh, p.s. LOVE the picture of Corgan sitting cross-legged on the bench, talking on the phone. Kids pick up everything!!!!

Stan and Jamie said...

Isn't it so funny how we feel like we can't live without the internet anymore...I know I'm so bummed and don't know what to do with myself if I can't get online one day!! Looks like a fun place to camp but I would have been worried the whole time too because of the water!

The Dillon 6 said...

a BOAT?! No fair! ;) Glad you survived your lonely time on the Prairie. Netflix is cheaper than cable, and you can get old TV shows any time you want. :)

Nate and Marcie said...

I got really worried when Nate took Carson on our father/ son campout too. As he was leaving I just kept saying "watch him really closely every second." He rolled his eyes and laughed. They don't understand what it's like being a mom and worrying about every little scenerio that could happen.
And..Nice bike!