Friday, January 4, 2013

lay mizerabblah

Hater's gonna hate.


That's right, Adam Lambert, I'm looking at you.

But only for a second because it hurts my eyes.

Despite what he says about it, Les Miserables was stupendous.

Obviously it's different from the stage production. It's a movie and they are not exclusively trained singers.

And seeing it on stage four different times, I'm an expert on everything theatrical.

They've asked me to host the next Tony awards.

I kid!

But I'm not kidding about how wonderfully wonderful Les Miserables was to see on the big screen. Aaron and I saw it over the Christmas break while we could take advantage of free babysitting provided by my mom. Yay for Grandma's!

I knew it was going to be a long movie, but it was especially long for the gal who was seated next to me. The first few lines of the movie began and she leaned over to her friend and not so quietly whispered, "They sing in this movie?!"

A lot of the not so positive comments are being directed towards Russell Crowe's performance of Jalvert. It only makes me admire him more because he took the role and then really tried his best. Yay for trying something new!

I can't sing a note to save my life, so anybody who is courageous enough to get up and sing in church, or in Russell Crowe's case, to sing in front of the whole wide world, really deserve a pat on the back.
Hugh Jackman, Anne Hathaway, Eddie Redmayne, Amanda Seyfried, the whole cast...two thumb's up from me.


2 comments:

Rachael said...

Wow, way to be Russell Crowe for responding in such a classy way. I really enjoyed it, too. The only thing I really disliked was Amanda Seyfried- but that's not about anything but me disliking her. And then there's the disliking my embarrassment when I did the ugly cry when Gavroche died.

kmay and mike said...

Agreed! We saw it last night and I really liked it. I liked the close ups of the singers. Russell Crowe did a great job with no singing background.