Tuesday, November 29, 2011

living it up

I had a lot to be thankful for this year.

Family, faith, friends, food. I'm always thankful for food.

Besides those boring things, the one thing this year that I am most thankful for, is that for the first time in my life, I weigh less than my little sister. For those of you who know her, know that this is something to savor and to shout from the blog-tops.

I found out this fantastic news last week and have been living on cloud 9 ever since. It is a truly wonderful feeling knowing that she outweighs me. It's great. I love it. Nay, I heart it with all my heart.

Oh, don't worry about her, she's actually happy for me. She herself has told me to enjoy it! That's just the kind of sister she is, always thinking of how she can help make others happy.

She has told told me to enjoy it because she knows my house on cloud 9 will come crashing down. You see, she is very much pregnant and two days past her due date. As soon as my new little nephew has left her body, reality will be thrown back into my face. But I am throwing the fact that she is pregnant out the window. That piece of evidence is inadmissible in my courtroom! The truth is the number shown on the scale, everything else is hearsay.

So thank-you, dear little sister of mine, I will forever be thankful to you for allowing me to weigh less than you. I knew you loved me.

Now, have that baby already!! Sheesh.

1 comments:

kmay and mike said...

How come no one posted about this?! I thought it was pretty funny :) Sorry to tell you I've lost some weight and I think your glory days are over! Lol