Thursday, September 1, 2011

such is life




Yesterday morning I saw a mouse in our kitchen.

Stopped me dead in my tracks and I let some words fly and the kids proceeded to freak out.

I calmed us all down and told the kids they could keep playing their game of Life.

A friend who was on her way over said she would stop and pick up some traps for me.

In the meantime, I cleaned out underneath the sink, cleaned the oven swept and mopped the floor.  Nothing like having a mouse in the house to motivate you to clean.

While I was elbow deep in oven grease Corgan called from the other room, "Hey Mom! I just won $50,000 for building a better mousetrap!  Too bad it's only a game, huh?"

Oh, he's a funny one.


2 comments:

kmay and mike said...

:) lol you mean he couldn't build you a real one? I told you cookies and milk would work too!
But really, have you caught it yet?

Jolie said...

Proof that God has a sense of humor!