Wednesday, December 1, 2010

here, let me help you

I know Thanksgiving is over and it's the first of December. Happy Hanukkah!! But I would feel ungrateful if I didn't throw in one more thing that I'm grateful for. I mean really, really, deep down in my bones grateful for. And that is when the heater in our van is fully functional.

Because right now it's not working. At all. As you can imagine, my feelings towards that van are currently in the "strongly dislike" category. I'm trying not to be a hater.

The way Vanagon's are set-up is with two separate heaters, the front and the rear. The rear heater sprung a leak in the summer and we ((and by "we", i mean aaron)) had about 100 gallons of coolant to clean up. What we thought was a leak from somewhere under the van was actually the coolant. It had seeped under the carpet so much that it made its way out and under the van. But that was when the temperature was so high it would make you sweat even while taking a cold shower. So we had no thought to get it fixed then.

Then, before Thanksgiving the front heater fan seized. I guess it didn't like the negative degree weather we were experiencing at the time. Come to think of it, we haven't been above freezing since the beginning of November.

And let's not forget that the passenger side window is currently not working and that the part of the clutch needed replaced a few weeks ago. Despite those issues, that beauty of a beast vehicle has started up every time I asked it to; and that I am grateful for.

Three cheers for Vanagon's!!!

Hurrah! Hurrah! Hurrah!

So you're welcome for letting me help you feel better about whatever rig you drive around. It's the kind of gal I am.

2 comments:

Beth Tunnell said...

The Falcon sympathizes for your Vanagon.

Puhlman said...

HMMM I am pretty sure our Expedition could make your Vanagon pretty close to a Rolls Royce (sp).