Wednesday, November 17, 2010

have you ever...

Have you ever taken your four kids to the doctors for flu shots?

As soon as the word "shot" was uttered, all hell broke loose and the gnashing of teeth and screaming began.

Cade was wondering what the heck was going on with his three older siblings. He took it like a man.

Lily told me that she has to scream really loud. But was actually calm while the nurse administered the shot, and even gave her a little smile.

As soon as Blake felt the needle he was screaming, "I need a band-aid, right now!!!"

And Corgan wailed and howled as if he was undergoing major surgery without any anesthetic.

But it's over and done with.

Now they all have the vaccination, or poison, however you look at it, in their bodies that will hopefully help keep the flu bug far, far away from our household.

3 comments:

SSToone said...

Sounds like a doctor visit I read about yesterday. My cousin Isaak's wife took their 3 year old twins and little boy to the doctor - if their blog wasn't private, I'd link it. You are tough!

~j. said...

Yes, in fact, I have done that. While pregnant. *high five*

Smith Family said...

I couldn't stop laughing when I read this because this is exactly how our appt went, minus 2 kids. Jake was freakin out the whole time and probably all the way home. Sam didn't even budge, just looked at the nurse slightly annoyed.