Monday, November 8, 2010

general info

I have a few more things to say concerning this pregnancy, and being pregnant in general.

I was checking on one of those baby sites when I was about 20 weeks along, and it said that I should have gained about 10lbs. by now and that I should start to look like I'm pregnant. Oh, did that ever make me laugh. And laugh and laugh and laugh. I've been wearing maternity clothes since the beginning of August for comfort reasons and out of necessity. And I do cry the day I have to start wearing jeans that actually require me to zip and button them after I have the baby. Which always seems to take another nine months after I have the baby. But why are you so comfy, elastic waist bands, why?!

I have never been a busty gal. My senior year of high school track, the 4x4 relay I was on was made up of other girls like myself. We even went so far as to give ourselves our own team name. L.O.B. Which stood for "Lack of Boobs". And we even went so far as to have hooded sweatshirts made up with L.O.B. across the front. We were a unified relay team. For those of you have ever been on one know that when you practice passing the baton, a key word is shouted out so the runner in front knows to hold back her hand to catch the incoming baton. Usually something boring like, 'hand' or 'kip'. Well, our word was 'boob'. Awesome, I know. But I believe it was because of our L.O.B. status that make us so fast. None of the other teams could catch us with their heavy chested-ness.

Where I'm going with this is that while I am pregnant, my bust grows. And I have to say it's nice actually have Cups that runneth over. But at the same time it makes me grateful for when they return to their Barely there status and I can run while only wearing one sports bra for support.

Why are prenatal pills the size of horse pills? Sometimes it takes me a gallon of water to swallow one of those suckers.

My feet are beginning to look like Fred Flintstone's. I would say Hobbit feet, but I don't have as much hair as they do. I'm trying to drink enough water each day because I'm prone to retaining water. And that's prevented by drinking lots of water. Go figure. I can still tell where my ankles are, so I'm not doing too bad. I'll probably see the last of them around the end of January.

This is the only time in my life when I don't mind other people rubbing my belly or my kids telling me I have a "nice, fat tummy". But if you're not my kid and you tell me I have a "nice, fat tummy", you'll have a nice, fat foot in your face. You've been warned.

6 comments:

Amy Nielson said...

i hear ya on hating the big boobs. shirts don't fit the same & they totally get in the way of running & working out. i'll be glad when i'm done nursing!! {although, i hear they get pretty pathetic after that...}

Plain City Dickamores said...

funny!!!!! Love the LOB's

The Odermott's said...

lol now you know how it is for me the big boobs thing. I hate it!! And when your pregnant your big bellie is beautiful. At lest that is what i am telling myself. lol! I think my biggest thing with being pregnant is i am sick of not being able to see past my bellie if you know what i mean. :)

Momoko Photography said...

I get like you when I'm pregnant. I gain weight and I mean I gain weight. My boobs totally grow, I was a C-cup with Asher and I soooo hate the horse pills. Drinking lots of water saved me as well this last pregnancy. Good luck!

Momoko Photography said...

Amy,

Afterwards, deflated balloons. That's all I have to say.

Melissa said...

This made me laugh aloud! And I hear you. I'm nursing Mason right now and it is ridiculous! One sports bra definitely does not cut it and half of my shirts don't fit.

And they are horse pills. I had to take mine at night because they made me gag in the morning.