Monday, March 8, 2010

before and after

Want to see something funny?

Of course you do...who doesn't?

And you can laugh really hard, because in my heart I know you'll be laughing with me and not at me.

Right?

Here we go then....

This is me filling out paper work before having Cade on January 5th of oh-nine.



And this is me on his blessing day on March 5th of last year.



Here's a shot from Christmas. I think everyone should have the tradition of wearing antlers and running a huge sandwich around the house. It really brings out the Christmas cheer. Don't you think?



You may have noticed that I like to put on a little weight while pregnant. And by little, I mean a lot. And by a lot, I mean 55, 45, 61 and roughly 66 pounds, respectively for each of my four pregnancies.

It happens to the best of us.

I've never had any kind of body image issue other than the normal I-hate-everything- about-my-body issues we as women have. And having babies doesn't make those go away. My mom had seven kids and not a single stretch mark. My curly hair comes from her side of the family, why couldn't I inherit the no-stretch-mark gene from her, too? Why!??

With two weddings and a high school reunion last year, I had plenty of motivation to kick my butt in gear and get back into shape.

Want to know my secret....?

Diet and exercise. Waa-laa!!

No magic pills. No diet drinks. No counting calories. Didn't cut anything out.

It really came down to making exercise a priority and eating less. Not a lot less, because I really, really like to eat good food. It's just so good!

With exercising, it's all about making it consistent and often. Just like how when opening a business it's all about location, location, location. With exercising it's all about priority, priority, priority!

You can do it!!!

4 comments:

ericksonzone said...

Rachel! You look great! Jason is counting down the days to when I can go to the gym here and take over his membership. They have a 24 hour fitness place which is cool. I am excited to do that too, but I know that new babies take a lot of time...Jason was telling the kids that I was going to go to the gym to get ripped again and work out. Paul comes back in the sweetest, most innocent voice, "Mommy, are you going to get ripped?" I could just imagine his idea of ripped - paper, book pages, etc. Good job!

The Dillon 6 said...

you might not know it, but the reason you wrote this post was for ME! thank you.

did I tell you I joined Weight Watchers? Down 6 pounds in 4 weeks. Didn't do great this last week, but I'm PMS'ing and I've been sick. I'm back on the train and hoping to be a hottie like you. :)

Beth Tunnell said...

Thanks for the tip. I'm watching the stretch marks moving further up the belly than they ever have. I think it might be because of all those dang girl scouts running around with cookies. Anyway, It's good to see results on somebody! 'Cause you look awesome.

The Royals said...

You are absolutely right! I have lost 20 pounds since January 4. Just 65 more to go. I tried once losing weight by starving myself and that did not work! I have also started running. My first 5K is in May.